InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is a vibrant campus ministry that establishes and advances witnessing communities of students and faculty. We believe that God has called us to reach every corner of every campus. Our vision is to see students and faculty transformed, campuses renewed, and world changers developed. Our chapters exist to serve the campus. We welcome students into caring, diverse communities where they can build friendships and explore Christian faith in the marketplace of ideas.
In the Triangle, InterVarsity longs to see every corner of every campus reached with the Gospel through communities that reflect the reality of the Kingdom of God. We are currently on four separate campuses (Duke, Meredith College, NCSU, and UNC-Chapel Hill) and are actively praying and seeking open doors at many of the other universities/colleges and community colleges in the area.
Ways to Be Praying for InterVarsity in the Triangle:
- Pray for the health and wellbeing of student leaders and staff as they begin the semester. Pray for boldness and courage as many of our chapters do proxes (a form of contact evangelism) and meet new students.
- Pray that new students will say "Yes" to entering into community through small groups and come to know Jesus more.
- Pray that students coming back from Urbana, InterVarsity’s triennial missions conference, will take all that they learned and begin living it out on each of their respective campuses. Pray that new corners of our campuses will be reached as students say yes to being missionaries on campus.
- As InterVarsity enters into 2019, we are trusting God as we seek to plant new ministries at universities/colleges and community colleges across the Triangle. Pray with us as we ask the Lord to bring student leaders and volunteers to help us in these efforts. Pray that we would plant a vibrant witness to the hope and love of Jesus Christ on these campuses.
- InterVarsity staff are being encouraged to embrace the discipline of Sabbath observance. Pray that our staff would find rest and inspiration as they observe this God-ordained practice of maintaining balance in their busy lives and ministry.