Separated? Divorced? We can help! Please join us for our next DivorceCare support group.
DivorceCare offers practical approaches for dealing with the challenges of divorce and separation. It helps you heal from the pain and actually gain hope for the future. The environment is warm and caring and It is led by people who understand what you are going through.
Meeting once a week for 13 weeks, each Divorce Care session has two distinct elements. First is a video seminar series featuring nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Seminar sessions include: “Facing My Anger,” “Facing My Loneliness,” “New Relationships,” “KidCare” and “Forgiveness.” The second component is devoted to group discussion on how best to apply the information shared in the video.
Our next semester of Divorce Care is scheduled to begin February 5, 2019 and end April 30, 2019. We meet on Tuesdays from 6:30pm to 8:00pm at our Pittsboro campus.
If you'd like to start attending before then, this ministry is available right now at:
- Chapel Hill Bible Church (in Chapel Hill near 15-501 and I-40)
- Hope Chapel (on Old Jenks Rd in Apex)
- Cool Springs Baptist Church (on Cool Springs Rd in Sanford)
- Click here to find a location near you
To register or get more information, contact Pam Malek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've also collected some resources that could be helpful for you:
- https://www.divorcecare.org/healing | Sign up for daily encouragement email
- https://www.dc4k.org/ | Divorce Care for kids
- http://www.personalhelpstore.org – Bookstore, books on divorce recovery, single parenting, marriage crisis, and grief recovery
- Family Violence and Rape Crisis Center
Services Provided: Legal and Financial Assistance, Counseling, Support
Chatham County Social Services
Child Support Enforcement: 919-542-2759
Al-Anon – Help for family and friends of problem drinkers
Also available Alateen Chat meeting, Phone meeting, Online Meeting
Alcoholics Anonymous – Help for problem drinkers
Center for Family and Psychological Services
Piedmont Health Services – Health and Dental care
Sliding fee offered based on income and family size
Moncure Office: 919-542-4991
Dental Number: 919-542-1641
After Hours: 888-267-3675
Piedmont Health Senior Care – Pittsboro 919-545-7337
Take and Eat Food Pantry – Evergreen United Methodist Church
CORA Food Pantry
Financial Peace University – 9 week seminar series – Money Management
Celebrate Recovery – Help for those with addictions and compulsive behaviors
- Affair Recovery: https://www.