Good People of Chatham Community Church,
As we're settling into the new normal (whatever that is!) we sincerely hope that everyone is situated and healthy. If you have any needs whatsoever, please don't hesitate to let us know. And if you know someone else who has needs (a neighbor, co-worker, relative, etc) again, please let us know!
The good news is this: Jesus is still Lord. And given that, we're more committed than ever to connecting people to God and to each other and engaging our world for good-- even and especially in the age of the Coronavirus.
This week our team has been working overtime to put some new initiatives in place to continue to cultivate connection both spiritually and relationally. Get a fresh cup of coffee, park the kids in front of a screen, wash your hands, and let's have a chat!
Here are some fresh opportunities for you to connect with God and with each other during Corona--and a few other things to do with our church life in this season:
- Small Groups: These are always the heartbeat of our church, but now more than ever! Almost all of our small Groups are meeting via video now. If you're not a part of a small group and you’d like to join one to stay connected, even just until this blows over, email Jaime at Jaime@chathamchurch.org.
- Sunday Morning Live Streaming: Thank you for the overwhelmingly positive feedback we got on our first ever live stream service--our tech team did an outstanding job. We will be live streaming at 9:15 each Sunday.Each Sunday's live stream has a unique web link. The easiest thing to do is to subscribe to our channel so you can find it on Sunday just click here to subscribe. You can also always find the latest link on the homepage of our web site. Starting this Sunday, March 22nd, the full service (including worship) will be available for viewing whenever you'd like if you miss the original live stream.
- Mid-Day Weekday Prayer: Starting Monday, March 23, we’ll be launching a fifteen minute prayer video meeting/conference call Monday - Friday at 12:30 p.m. For those fifteen minutes we'll open with the Lord's prayer each day and then pray for something to do with the virus (i.e. healthcare workers) and then break. If you've got more time, we'll take prayer requests and pray for one another and be done by 1:00. And if you need additional care, you can just stay on the line and someone from the prayer team will be glad to talk and pray with you. Here's the link and phone number, just copy and paste it as a five-day-a-week event in your calendar right now for a little mid-day grounding in God! Click here to participate in the video call or you can copy and paste the whole link: https://zoom.us/j/871281693 You can also join via phone: +19292056099,,
- Facebook Live: On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays look for Facebook live posts from Jaime or Alex on the Chatham Church Facebook page. We will give an update on anything having to do with the church and share a brief encouraging word from Scripture.
- Chatham Youth: Blake has been working on ways to keep your middle schooler and high schooler from sinking into a pit of despair while in isolation! He's scheduling video small group gatherings for middle schoolers, ways to connect for high schoolers, and will be sending out weekly Bible studies with a video lesson and opportunities to interact. If you're not in the loop yet, please email Blake to get all the details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chatham Kids: Cynthia and Carol are developing a number of ways to connect with kids and do faith development while maintaining safe social distance. :) Stay tuned at the end of our service this Sunday for information from our Chatham Kids team about some simple opportunities coming your way to do good work with kids at home. If you'd like more information, contact Cynthia Dekaney: email@example.com.
- Finances and Giving: Over 50% of the giving to CCC comes through online giving...which means that just under 50% comes in as we pass the offering baskets on Sunday mornings. We have outstanding staff that we will continue to pay as well as facilities and other costs. If you typically give in the offering basket on Sundays, would you consider either giving electronically by clicking here or mailing your check to: Chatham Community Church, ATTN: Mary Jo Williams, 480 Hillsboro St. Suite 800, Pittsboro, NC 27312. Thank you!
- Building Update: We've talked with both the bank and our builder and at this point everyone is saying they're pressing ahead, which we're grateful for. We should officially close on the loan in the next few days. We received a new gift (the largest gift of the capital campaign!) just last month which will enable us to do some work to make the exterior more attractive and inviting. We look forward to sharing the latest look and updates soon.
- Easter Weekend April 10th-12th: At this point we're 99% sure we'll be doing our Good Friday service and our Easter services online. We'll be live streaming Good Friday at 8:00 p.m. Easter Sunday we'll host two live stream services: 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. Celebration is good for the soul and the Easter celebration is the greatest cause for joy in all of history. The promise of resurrection and the victory over all that stands against us is exactly what we need in this season! Please join us.
- Chatham Serves Scheduled for April 19th: Again, at this point, we're 99% sure we won't be doing Chatham Serves as we typically do it. However, we are more committed than ever to "engaging our world for good" as COVID hits. We are in the process of developing a Rapid Response team to meet needs in our community that will serve both during this crisis and continue to serve afterwards. Be on the lookout for more information in the next few weeks.
- Meeting Needs Across Chatham County: When threat comes, it's easy to circle the wagons and hunker down. But Christ-followers have always been at our best when we're also wide awake to the needs of the people around us. We will be launching a new initiative in the next week through our small groups to love and serve our neighbors. And we are in conversations with CORA food bank as well as the local schools to assess how we might partner with them in feeding hungry people across our community. As those needs become more clear, we will be letting you know and inviting you to partner with us in loving our county.
- Keeping Up With CCC Coronavirus Style: To keep up with "all the things," be sure to either check our Facebook page regularly or sign up for our Connect Devotional if you haven't already (email firstname.lastname@example.org). We'll be sending out weekly updates over the Connect Devotional every Saturday along with outstanding devotionals written by our own team of writers five days a week.
You've made it to the end! Thanks for your time and attention. We're committed to connecting people to God and to each other in the midst of all the uncertainty that's swirling around us.
If you're new to the church or been hanging out on the edges, now is the perfect time to jump in and be a part of this great community. Try out a small group, pop in for fifteen minutes and pray with us next week, or make Sunday morning services a priority--in your pj's!
Again, if you need anything, don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help.
With Great Hope,
For the CCC team