We are so excited to be supporting the Lawrence family as they move to Ethiopia to serve as missionaries with SIM.
They will be partnering with Ethiopian Christian opthalmologists to establish a new eye hospital and training center in Addis Ababa. Ethiopia has one of the highest rates of blindess in the world, with over 1.5 million people completely blind. Over 1 million of those cases of blindness can be cured with a simple 10 minute surgery or a small intervention.
We believe that the Lawrences have a unique opportunity to care for both the physical and spiritual needs of Ethiopia. Their training, mentoring and discipling of Ethiopian eye doctors will shape an entire nation for generations.
- Overwhelming physical and spiritual fruit from the outreach in northern Ethiopia.
- Promising opportunities to hire one or two more doctors for the medical work
- Restoration of health for Tina and James as they are the last to fully recover from recent illness
- For the current leaders of Ethiopia as they bravely seek opportunities to elevate human rights and freedoms in our country (new elections scheduled for 2020)
- New teachers (secondary and elementary) at Bingham Academy (email us if you know someone)
To add your financial support to the ministry of the Lawrences and SIM in Ethiopia, click here: Give to the Lawrences and SIM in Ethiopia