Services Cancelled this Sunday
Hello Chatham Church Community,
First off, our prayers are with you and our community as we brace for what we'll get from this storm. If you or someone you know is in need of a safe place to weather the storm, please don't hesitate to contact Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any other elder or small group leader.
We've been watching the storm to figure out about Sunday's services. We've decided to go ahead and cancel our normal services and replace them with something else.
Our reasons for canceling:
- Given all the variables we have with set-up at Woods and the last stages of our restoration work at Chatham Mills, both of our sites are complicated and would require crews to set them up between now and Sunday morning--right when the storm will be bad. Woods was also iffy about our using the space as they've been closed and prepared for the storm.
- If the electricity goes out at either site the bathrooms would no longer work...thereby making it a rather unpleasant (and actually illegal due to code violation) gathering!
- We don't want any of our volunteers or attendees to feel required to drive if they feel unsafe or if things are still messy Sunday morning.
So we've decided to replace normal Sunday morning worship with two things:
- At 10:00 a.m. on Sunday we'll post on our Facebook page a video of Maggie leading us in some songs and a brief message from me. Join us for some worship in your pj's! That will remain on our Facebook page for whenever you can catch it.
- There's an opportunity for us to serve our community in the aftermath of all of this. If the weather is clear (no rain or storms) we have a core group of people with power tools who have agreed to meet at both sites at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday morning in order to help people who might need it.
If you can get out and are willing to help serve our neighbors, meet-up at Woods or Chatham Mills at 10:00 a.m. with whatever tools you've got, some gloves, and a willingness to jump in and serve!
If you've got a tree down in your yard or some other debris that you could use help to clear out, email us or post on our Facebook page or text our office number: (919) 933-9477 your address and we'll see what we can do to get a crew out to you.
Please do say a prayer for the people in our community who are most vulnerable as the storm hits in Wilmington. And if you need help, please don't hesitate to reach out and ask.
We look forward to being back together again next Sunday, the 23rd, at our usual times.
Warmly in Christ,
More in News
June 1, 2019Elder on Call for June
May 19, 2019Chatham Serves is coming soon!
April 25, 2019Facebook Group to share about your experience with "On The Way With Jesus" and the Sacred Pathways Challenge